Health and finances have never been more connected
At Optum Financial, we’re entirely dedicated to improving people’s well-being, and we're passionate about the relationship between health and finances. Because when we understand the relationship between finance and health, we can all reach our full potential.
Optum Financial is the leader in health accounts and payment solutions. To help people and organizations better manage health care expenses, we leverage our:
- Digital platforms
- Advanced analytics
- Proprietary technology
Deep expertise and solutions for success
1.8 million providers in our payment network**
- The most extensive provider network in the country**
- Robust payment and financial solutions for greater success for payers and providers — $200B in payment processing**
8 million health accounts*
- #1 HSA provider in the U.S.*
- Offering a spectrum of accounts — HSA, HRA, FSA, HIA, commuter and COBRA~ Over $17 billion in assets**
Diverse investment options
Choose from mutual fund investment options and more.
*2020 Year-End Devenir HSA Research Report
** Optum Pay™ book of business, 2021
Modernizing how to save and pay for health care
We are modernizing how to save and pay for health care, connecting health and finance in unprecedented ways. Our solutions are designed to strengthen this connection for employers, health care organizations and the people they serve in ways others cannot:
- Health accounts — Encouraging better spending, saving and investing habits based on each person’s health and financial circumstances so they are prepared for current and future expenses. Optum Bank, member FDIC, is the health accounts administrator for Optum Financial and the top HSA provider in the United States.
- Payment solutions — Making the process of the managing payments and business easier for health plans and providers so they can focus on what is most important: their members and patients.
- Expertise — Leveraging our experience as the only financial institution owned by a health care company, making us uniquely able to deliver on tech-forward, highly intuitive solutions that move the health care system forward.
By advancing how we save and pay for care, we can pave the way to health care that’s more affordable, accessible and transparent for everyone.
Health savings accounts (HSAs) are offered or administered by Optum Bank®, Member FDIC, or ConnectYourCare, LLC, each a subsidiary of Optum Financial. HSAs are subject to eligibility requirements and restrictions on deposits and withdrawals to avoid IRS penalties. State taxes may apply. Fees may reduce earnings on account. Flexible spending accounts/arrangements (FSAs), health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs), Commuter and Parking Benefits, Adoption Reimbursement Plans, Tuitions Reimbursement Plans, Surrogacy Reimbursement Plans, Lifestyle Plans, COBRA Benefits, and all other account types are administered on behalf of your plan sponsor by Optum Financial, Inc. or ConnectYourCare, LLC (collectively, “Optum Financial”) and are subject to eligibility and restrictions. Please contact a legal or tax professional for advice on eligibility, tax treatment, and restrictions. Please contact your plan administrator with questions about enrollment or plan restrictions. Federal and state laws and regulations and the design of your plan are subject to change.
Self-directed mutual fund investment options are made available through the services of an independent investment advisor, or your plan sponsor. Discretionary advisory services are provided by Betterment LLC, an SEC-registered investment adviser, with associated brokerage transactions provided by Betterment Securities, member FINRA/SIPC. For details and disclosures visit betterment.com. Certain brokerage services are offered through TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FDIC/SIPC and a subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation. For details and disclosures, visit www.tdameritrade.com. The Schwab Health Savings Brokerage Account is offered through Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. For details and disclosures, visit schwab.com.
Orders are accepted to effect transactions in securities only as an accommodation to HSA owners. Optum Financial and its subsidiaries are not broker-dealers or registered investment advisors and do not provide investment advice or research concerning securities, make recommendations concerning securities, or otherwise solicit securities transactions.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone, iTunes, Mac, Safari, and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad Pro is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Data rates may apply.
©2022 Optum, Inc. All rights reserved