Digital Research Network
Patient centered. Research ready. Find patients in need, accelerate their enrollment and more seamlessly capture data.
Redefine the clinical trial process
Clinical research is an essential element of our health care system. Without it, we cannot ensure the safety and efficacy of new therapies and major advances in health care technology.
However, traditional clinical trial methods involve disparate workstreams and require considerable manual processes. The result is clinical trials that are expensive, time consuming, inflexible, and not fully representative of provider encounters and patient populations.
For life sciences organizations, the Optum® Digital Research Network addresses these complexities by helping to streamline and automate some key clinical trial processes.
Welcome to the Optum Digital Research Network
- See how our network has grown and evolved
- Approximately 15 million lives
- More than 700 investigators
- Over 1,500 research studies
The Digital Research Network reaches approximately 15 million lives across the United States through contracted health care sites.
- Pacific region of the United States 2-4 million lives
- Mountain region of the United States 1-2 million lives
- West North Central region of the United States under than 500,000 lives
- West South Central region of the United States 500,000-1 million lives
- East North Central region of the United States 500,000-1 million lives
- East South Central region of the United States under 500,000 lives
- New England region of the United States 1-2 million lives
- Middle Atlantic region of the United States over 4 million lives
- South Atlantic region of the United States 1-2 million lives
Note: Geographic divisions are from the U.S. Census.
The Digital Research Network consists of more than 700 investigators covering a variety of specialties, listed in order starting with the most investigators
- Internal/Family Medicine
- OBGYN/Women’s health
- And more
Disclaimer: All data collected for the DRN network of investigators and active clinical trials are based on information by the sites and/or publicly available. Data was last updated August 2021 and may change as new investigators and clinical trials are added, or as investigators exit each HCO and/or clinical trials are completed.
Over 1,500 active research studies across dozens of therapeutic areas
- Healthy volunteers
- Surgery and transplant
- Infectious diseases
- Nephrology and urology
- Trauma and emergency
- Allergy and immunology
- General medicine
- And more
Disclaimer: All data collected for the DRN network of investigators and active clinical trials are based on information by the sites and/or publicly available. Data was last updated August 2021 and may change as new investigators and clinical trials are added, or as investigators exit each HCO and/or clinical trials are completed.OR
Features and benefits
Prepare your trial for success
Improve accuracy in feasibility analysis and identify qualified patients by leveraging the depth of the Optum electronic health record (EHR) database.
Seamlessly capture data
Capture and analyze data directly from the electronic medical record (EMR), eliminating the delays and potential for errors inherent in manual capture of trial data end points.
Gain speed to market
Accelerate clinical trials by utilizing our network of research-ready sites and technology that help to simplify and automate data collection.